By Michelle Lynn Senters-
A NARRATOR tells a story from his or her point of view or perspective.
- Determine who is telling the story above: dog, girl, or an observer (parent, sibling, friend).
- Write in FIRST-PERSON, meaning the narrator is giving a personal account about what happened. First-person point of view uses the words “I” and “we”.
- Include VOICE. Use words that convey the narrator’s attitude, personality, and character.
- Write the same story in the voice of a different narrator.
- Feel free to post your short story below.
Michelle Lynn Senters is the Founder and Director of KIDS ARE WRITERS. She spends her days working as a Reading Interventionist and spends her evenings writing books for children and adults. You can learn more about Michelle HERE and at www.michellelynnsenters.com.