CONGRATULATIONS! You made it through summer camp. Whether you joined us every day or just a few times, I am very proud of your efforts. In fact, I’m a little sad it is all over. You inspired ME!
To celebrate, I created a “badge” you can post to Facebook, Instagram, blog, or other social media sites. You can also print it to display in your bedroom or to decorate your folder at school. Simply click the images below and save them to your computer. Choose your favorite or display both.
TELL THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE THE VOICE OF THE FUTURE!
WHAT IS AFTER SUMMER CAMP?
We have great things planned at KIDS ARE WRITERS in the coming school year, including new prompts, informative articles, competitions, and challenges. We will not post every day like we did during Summer Camp. You can expect between 1-2 posts per week. We might also have a few “mini-camps”!
You can help get the word out by telling your English and writing teachers about the site. If you have friends who are writers, consider starting a KIDS ARE WRITERS Club! You can go through the prompts together and critique one another’s work.
You don’t have to wait for new posts before you write. Review old writing prompts and choose different pictures for inspiration. Work on Summer Camp activities that you missed. I guarantee, there are many prompts to choose from!
NOW, it is time for our FINAL ACTIVITY FOR SUMMER CAMP 2014.
- Make sure you signed up for the free membership. (See the “Free Membership” icon on the right.) This helps us stay in touch.
- Read the student work posted and comment on each story. We are a community of writers. The best communities support and encourage one another. Click here to see student work.
- It’s not too late to publish on our Student Work page! Click here to see the Submission Page.
- Everyone needs to “check-in” today in the comment section below. Let us know how you liked Summer Camp. Your information will help us plan our next camp.
- Check KIDS ARE WRITERS often for new prompts and activities.
- KEEP WRITING. NEVER GIVE UP. BRING YOUR PENCIL AND PAPER EVERYWHERE. YOU ARE A WRITER.
EVERYONE, check-in today! In the comment section below, write your first name, age, city, state, and country. Tell us what you thought about KIDS ARE WRITERS Summer Camp. Tell us what you loved and what you disliked. What was your favorite prompt? Are you feeling more inspired after Summer Camp? Was it difficult to keep up? (Remember, it wasn’t expected that you do every prompt. You can go at your own pace.) Let us know your thoughts.
Michelle Lynn Senters is the Founder and Director of KIDS ARE WRITERS. She spends her days working as a Reading Interventionist and spends her evenings writing books for children and adults. You can learn more about Michelle HERE and at www.michellelynnsenters.com.