I wanted to write you a quick note about Summer Camp and submissions.
First of all, you are doing a marvelous job! I am quite impressed with your submissions and level of dedication. I am also happy to see you encouraging one another in the comment section. Great writers always use their words to build one another up.
We have completed our first half of summer camp! That is a lot of work and I am very proud of you.
We have a few new rules for submissions:
- Submit your BEST work. Posting on KIDS ARE WRITERS is a chance to show the world what you can do!
- Proofread your work. Check punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
- Do not send your rough draft. Reread. Revise. Improve. Add details. Remember, show off your BEST work.
- Do not send stories with “potty” humor. Please- no farting, peeing, pooping, or booger stories. While they are very funny, we do not wish to offend anyone on this site. KIDS ARE WRITERS is seen by kids all over the world. Some cultures do not appreciate or accept “potty” humor as funny or appropriate. (Thank you.)
- We will have one page designated for Summer School student work. You can find it under the tab, “Student Work”. Check back often to read new work posted.
- Don’t worry if your submission doesn’t post right away. It takes a great deal of time and effort to post everyone’s work.
Be sure to find us on your favorite social media sites. We now have Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest accounts. Help spread the news about KIDS ARE WRITERS. Read this post to learn more about KIDS ARE WRITERS and social media.
We have 15 days left of summer camp. After that, we will still post great articles and weekly prompts. Happy writing everyone!
Michelle Lynn Senters
Founder and Director of KIDS ARE WRITERS
Michelle Lynn Senters is the Founder and Director of KIDS ARE WRITERS. She spends her days working as a Reading Interventionist and spends her evenings writing books for children and adults. You can learn more about Michelle HERE and at www.michellelynnsenters.com.