By Michelle Lynn Senters-
We have a fun and easy day of writing today!
Everyone loves a great mess, except for mothers. Choose a mess from the photos below and write a short story.
To make a fantastic mess of a story:
- Introduce your characters and scene.
- Slowly build to the climax to a climax. Create anticipation. Build. Build.
- BAM. Everything’s a mess. A complete disaster. Make the reader feel like they are THERE.
- Resolve the situation. Is someone in trouble? Who cleans it up?
- Remember to give your characters voice and personality. Make your story funny and relatable. After all, we have all gotten into a mess before.
- Illustrate your story, if desired.
- If you want to write another story, choose another photo or write about YOUR biggest mess.
Write your first name, age, and story idea in the comment section below. You may share your short story, if desired.
Michelle Lynn Senters is the Founder and Director of KIDS ARE WRITERS. She spends her days working as a Reading Interventionist and spends her evenings writing books for children and adults. You can learn more about Michelle HERE and at www.michellelynnsenters.com.