WRITE A STORY FOR CHILDREN
Children loves stories in which a familiar character does something unusual. Today, you will write a children’s story about Santa’s vacation. Just consider the possibilities!
- Title: (Choose your own title)
- Audience: children, ages 4-8
- Character(s): Santa Claus (Mrs. Claus, elves, reindeer, etc.)
- Problem: Santa Claus is tired of the cold weather at the North Pole.
- Solution: Santa Claus goes on vacation.
- Considerations: Where does Santa Claus go and what does he do? Does he bring anyone with him? How does he feel before and after the vacation? Does he have any challenges? Do people recognize him or does he go incognito (in disguise)?
- Write a story for children about Santa’s vacation.
- Choose from the activities above or come up with a new idea.
- Write with a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- Consider the age of your audience.
- Write a catchy title and dedicate the story to a child you know.
- Illustrate your story and give it to the child named in the dedication.
Don’t forget to check-in! Write your first name, age, and story summary in the comment box below.
Michelle Lynn Senters is the Founder and Director of KIDS ARE WRITERS. She spends her days working as a Reading Interventionist and spends her evenings writing books for children and adults. You can learn more about Michelle HERE and at www.michellelynnsenters.com.